Please bring with you all your current regular medications (medications must be in their original packaging). All medication (prescription, over-the counter and complementary) that you bring to the Clinic must be given to the nursing staff on arrival. Please advise staff of any allergies or adverse reactions you may have to medication.
What to bring to the Clinic
- Comfortable and appropriate day wear for at least one week, including long pants and plain tops (short sleeved and long sleeved) to wear inside the Clinic.
- Comfortable t-shirts, sports pants and sports shoes for sports activities and light exercise.
- Supportive, flat, non-slip slippers or light shoes to wear inside the Clinic (shoes must be worn outside your room).
- Dressing gown to suitably cover legs and arms (if pyjamas aren’t long sleeved with long pants).
- Ample underwear.
- Skin products (including hand soaps, bodywash and moisturiser).
- Personal hygiene products (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste) and sanitary items.
- Hair products (including shampoo and conditioner, brush and comb).
Please note that objects that have the potential to be harmful (shaving items) will be taken off you and kept in the nursing station for safe keeping and given back to you to use only when needed. Clean towels, face washers will be provided.
All bedding is provided, however you may wish to bring in a doona/duvet, blanket or rug for your bed (to feel more ‘at home’).
Other personal items such as:
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
- Pen and notepad.
- Water bottle (refillable as water stations are available).
- Laptop/phone as you can use the Clinic Wi-Fi.
- Walking aids.
- Hearing aids.
- Photographs (if appropriate) or small ornaments to feel more ‘at home’.
Quiet activities or hobbies to do during spare time, such as:
- Book(s) to read.
- Art supplies such as a sketch pad, colouring books and pencils.
- Craft supplies.
- Yoga mats.
- Games such as crossword puzzles or word searches.
- Music devices with earphones.
- DVDs to watch in the lounge room (please consider other patients in your choice of movies). Please note you will have a television in your room available.
What not to bring to the Clinic
- Items in plastic bags/plastic bags.
- Sharp objects of any kind or harmful items.
- Valuable items e.g. jewellery.
- Alcohol and illicit drugs.
No alcohol or illicit drugs are to be brought into The Toowoomba Clinic or consumed at any time whilst you are a patient. Non-adherence to this policy may result in your immediate discharge.